Quality Control Analyst
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Quality Control Analyst consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct quality control audits of work in process to ensure compliance with FCP and customer quality expectations.
- Notify when applicable product coordinators/managers immediately when the potentially defective product is identified.
- Work with project coordinators and managers to initiate NCRs, investigate root causes, develop corrective actions, document costs for non-conforming product, monitor sustainability and close out NCRs.
- Communicate non-conformance investigation results and NCRs to applicable managers in a reasonably timely manner.
- Review and document standard operating procedures. Recommend and make approved changes to improve the overall quality of products.
- Research, suggest and justify new quality control equipment.
- Monitor vendor performance.
- Coordinate inspection of product outside of the standard inspection scope.
- Participate in various certification audits (i.e. customer, SFI/FSC/PEFC/GMI, etc.).
- Maintain equipment calibrations.
- May need to travel to customer/vendor facilities to help troubleshoot quality issues.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours to support 24/7 operation.