As one of the largest privately held printers in the United States, Flower City Printing has over 400,000 square feet of climate-controlled facilities for manufacturing, warehousing, kit-packing, and distribution. We recognize the importance of continuous training for our personnel and instruct our staff to focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Profitability”. Flower City Printing is in search of a Plate Maker
It is the responsibility of the Platemaker to optimize the profitability of Flower City Printing by performing to the highest level of efficiency. Through these activities, the Platemaker will ensure that the highest level of productivity and Quality is consistently achieved.
We offer very competitive compensation with excellent benefits: Medical & Dental and Vision Insurance, Company paid Life Insurance, Supplemental STD, LTD & Life insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match, FSA Accounts, Vacation Pay, 10 paid Holidays and much more.
1. Understand the requirements for FCP presses in regard to plate grippers, maximum and minimum sheet sizes, types of stock that can or cannot be run on presses, minimum paper grippers, the number of printing units per press, and coating capabilities.
2. Check Plate Processor at the beginning of each shift to ensure proper speeds and chemistry levels are properly adjusted for plate output.
3. Inspect plates for potential problems. To include spots, hickeys, holes, scratches, dents, file set up with proper gripper etc.
4. Communicate problems to Prepress and Impositioning personnel.
5. Check Plates against contact proof or printed sample for correct content.
6. Ensure all plates are correctly identified for color, form, press and job number.
7. Understand the steps to take if need arises to remake plate(s).
8. Troubleshoot press downs / investigate potential fixes.
9. Be able to make plates utilizing the CREO plate setter.
10. Use the FCP portal for Job Tracking and the Plating Schedule.
11. Keep abreast of press schedule at all times.
Maintaining constant quality of plates made by performing the following tasks:
12. Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on Plate Processor.
13. Performs scheduled Chemistry Change on Plate Processor.
14. Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on Plate Punch.
15. Maintenance and upkeep of work area.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to communicate in multiple mediums