Flexo Press Assistant
Willing to train quality-minded, mechanical people to help stage equipment for operation.
It is the responsibility of the Flexo Press Assistant to optimize the profitability of ensuring jobs are ready to run, minimize changeover times, and ensure the equipment is maintained. Through these activities, the Flexo Press Assistant will ensure that the highest level of productivity is consistently achieved. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review job ticket to completely understand work to be done.
- Pull all required stock for job and record what rolls are used.
- Mix and/or pull all inks for upcoming jobs.
- Ensure all dies are ready and staged for use.
- Mount plates to the appropriate print cylinders.
- Ensure plate mounting is in the correct position for finishing.
- Set up work area (e.g. boxes, labels, skids, etc.).
- Enter information into FCP job tracking.
- Assist Pressperson with pulling all print cylinders from the previous job.
- Assist Pressperson with pulling and cleaning all ink pans, aniloxes, and rollers.
- Un-mount, clean, and file all plates when the job is complete.
- Pull old dies, and assist with the replacement of dies for the next job.
- Maintain inventory levels, and notify supervisor of low supply levels.
- Daily time sheets are complete before the end of the shift.
- Perform any necessary ISO paperwork.
- Must have the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Needs to have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to stand for a long duration of time.