2nd Shift FINISHING MANAGER
The basic function of the Finishing Manager is to coordinate the activities of the finishing personnel to ensure that all work related to the finishing function is performed according to schedule and within quality standards.
Other critical functions include planning and overseeing of cutting, folding, folding/gluing, die cutting, mounting, stitching, breakout, and all other functions performed in the finishing department with special emphasis placed on production control, production reporting, material flow, and otherwise optimizing the overall efficiency and profitability of the department.
- Preferred 5-7 years lead/supervisory experience in a high-quality printing – finishing environment.
- Preferred Bachelors Degree in Graphics or Industrial Engineering; however, extensive managerial experience in finishing operations may substitute.
- Must have the ability to manage all finishing operations of the business. Must also have an understanding of Fulfillment and how to coordinate the two departments.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Must have a working knowledge of computers and office equipment.
- Includes sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and use of hands and arms to operate office and plant equipment. Must be able to see sufficiently to read financial and other reports and hear (with mechanical assistance if necessary) sufficiently to understand and comprehend individual one-on-one conversations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, knowledge of industrial and mechanical engineering a plus. Must be able to work under time and budgetary pressures.